Thursday, January 29, 2009

by Alexandra Ortegon

Rip out the wings of a butterfly...
A momentary happiness
Spawned by weakness
Slowly hope lets go and becomes extinct
Leaving me behind while I turn into dust
As I sit and stare unaware hiding behind walls of sorrow
In enchanted forests full of fairies and butterfly wings
In the sea of devils angels still remain
Making teddy bear memories
With words like violence
My confidence fades within a fallen dream
Behind your illusion
Forever and a day
Faceless shadows
Frozen in time
They are pieces of yesterday
And I'm not afraid to dream under your wing
My thoughts return to when I knew myself
Into wonderland and forgotten fairytales
Before my innocence was stolen
But in time angels lose their wings
Between whispers and dreams
The loneliness sets in
And in that moment of weakness I almost told…

No comments:

Post a Comment